Dog Food Bakers Share Wisdom
The Happy Dog Barkery held a workshop in our office on February 17th. Located in downtown Downers Grove about a half-mile down the road from us, they’ve been cooking up delicious puppy treats for 25 years.
Here are some tips they gave us concerning pet nutrition:
- Provide water to promote digestion, prevent dehydration, and avoid overworked kidneys
- Kibble was created for convenience, not optimal nutrition
- The ingredients panel should not include: corn, wheat, soy byproducts, BHT, BHA
- Dog food ingredients should include named protein sources and fruits and vegetables.
- Include treats in total daily caloric intake
Want to learn more about providing the best diet to your pooch? Here are some helpful websites: